1.05.2010

One thing I hate about "The Biggest Loser"

Biggest Loser is about to start up another season and I'm so excited. The show is so well done that I can't help but tune in each week (which for me here means downloading it or watching it online). But on the Eve of this wonderful event I have a bone to pick with the producers of "The Biggest Loser" and have written them a letter. I hope you enjoy.


Dear Biggest Loser,

Listen, you have an amazing show. I personally love your show. You’re saving lives and giving hundreds of families across America more time to spend together. Not only that, but they’re enjoying their lives like never before and not ashamed of their health. You’re making money hand over fist; between book deals, workout stuff, and the show… you’re doing fine. And it’s because of all this that I can’t stand this one part of your show.

The corny… fake… see it from a mile away… product placement ads you do on every episode. I can’t tell you how belittled I feel when you try to pass off these “natural” moments between the trainers and contests, when they aren’t even close to that at all.

That’s why I want to tell you this. We’ve bought into your show. We tune in each week to see our favorite contests, the challenges you setup (which are awesome) and the results… you don’t need to hook us with your ads, we’ll watch them, it’s fine. Just have Bob, Jillian or one of the contestants come out and say “Chewing Extra long lasting flavor gum helped me lose 48 lbs in 2 weeks…” or whatever.

Please, stop the “natural” ads.

P.S. If you don’t stop the ads I will still love your show and tune in each week.

If you agree, disagree, or hate that I took a post to write about this, let me know on the comments section.

Enjoy this day,
Matt

Save to delicious Saved by 0 users

6 comments:

Mark said...

Hi Matt,

Biggest Loser is not that popular in our country but I really enjoy watching it. Great post and great blog.

BTW, Tnx for visiting my blog, Happy Blogging

Heather said...

No worries Mark glad I could drop in on it (your blog). Yeah, I too enjoy watching the show, thanks for the comment.

Andrea said...

You mean that when Bob is talking about preparing meals in advance and storing them in ziploc containers, that's not "natural"? And all this time I just thought Biggest Loser was a tv show spin off of the Truman Show movie. Just Kidding. Hey, thanks for writing the letter on behalf of the rest of us and sending it to NBC. Nice job with the blogging - keep it up.

Heather said...

I know Andrea, I too was shocked when the truth was exposed to me about Bob's "prepared meals" lie. Thanks for the encouragement about the Blog!

David Tamayo said...

Hi Matt,
I agree with you about this show. It really does inspire people to make changes in their lives. The results are irrefutable. The thing about the product placements has always been a kind of tongue in cheek kind of thing for me. It is the same thing for movies, there are no accidents when it comes to seeing any products with identifiable labeling. Thanks for the visit also. See you again. ;o)

Heather said...

Yeah David in movies it's annoying as well. You can't get away from it. Glad to stop by your site, thanks for dropping in on mine and commenting.