5.07.2010

Top Ten Worst Kids’ Movies

Hey there, how are you doing today? I’m constantly looking for useful information to post to our blog and today that quest has brought me to posting “Top Ten Worst Kids Movies”. To read the “Top Ten Best Kids Movies” click here. Now it’s a little difficult to put this list together, for example, I put Barney on here, because it makes me want to punch myself in the face each time it’s on, but my kids love it. For that reason I will try and explain why each movie makes this list, hope you enjoy. In no particular order, here they go:

Antz - I can tell you right away why I don’t like this one, it’s a terrible movie. It also has lots of swearing which if it influences your kids, can make trips to Target interesting. Oh, no, I think your mistaken my child would never say (fill in the blank). In the end it’s a cheap version of the mush superior “A Bug’s Life”

The Wild - Poor, poor movie. It’s not interesting and the lines are totally unimaginative. Pass on this one at all costs.

Happy Feet - Weird movie. There, I said it. I didn’t enjoy the fact that it’s like a million years long as well. It has music (which is always a winner with kids), but seriously fails to produce an interesting plot.

Barney - Again, reasons for making this list are varied. Barney makes it, because hearing Barney sing makes me look in the mirror and say “Could I get away with killing Barney?” But it’s not about me, it’s about the kids and kids love Barney and Barney does teach good things.

Barbie - Seriously, there are a million Barbie movies out there, some of them are good, and some of them are terrible. Most of the time Barbie movies are total rip-offs of other much better movies, stay clear.

The Road to El Dorado - Weird movie, not interesting and has themes that seem a bit much for kids. Whatever. Just my opinion.

Shrek 3 - I love Shrek 1 and like Shrek 2, but this one is boring and weird. It’s Hollywood trying to capitalize on a movie franchise and ends up just being a watered down kids movie.

Scooby Doo - Remember, many reasons can land a movie on this list. My wife and I don’t like our kids watching scary movies and for this reason, Scooby Doo is no good. Who wants their kids waking up in the middle of the night with nightmares?

SpongeBob Squarepants- HAHAHA, ok, truth be told, I like SpongeBob and think he’s hilarious. But it’s not about me, it’s about the children (OK sometimes it’s about me, like when I try and talk my kids into watching “Kung Fu Panda” for the millionth time… man, I love me some “Kung Fu Panda”). My wife (and I’ve heard others) oppose SpongeBob based on the fact that some of the jokes/content is more designed for adults. And some people just don’t get SpongeBob, so I guess I should put him on here. Sorry SpongeBob, it’s nothing personal.

The Polar Express - My wife gave me a hard time about adding this one, but she can write her own list if she likes. This movie was Santa worship and I just don’t get into that, nor do I want my kids too. Anyways, that’s the main reason I don’t like it. Also, the movie goes from crisis to crisis in a way that annoys me, sorry.

This was a fun list to make. I hope that it helps you in choosing (Or not choosing) your next family movie.

Enjoy this day,
Matt

Save to delicious Saved by 0 users

2 comments:

Casey said...

Matt, you left out some big ones, like All Dogs Go to Heaven...horrible movie. And I watched Dumbo a few months ago and thought it was real messed up. Next time maybe you need write a list of approved movies.

Heather said...

For sure Casey. Next time I will run it past you to make sure I didn't miss any. I do have another list of Movies I do like.